ThePhysician Assistantis accountable for the delivery of primary psychiatric care to patients including individual and group therapy. The Physician Assistantwill collaborate with the Psychiatric Health Care Team to enhance the delivery of care to eligible patients (adult to geriatric age) in accordance with individual patient needs, using social and behavioral health protocols as general guidance. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Performs a comprehensive patient assessment, including history, physical, and mental status examinations, and evaluation of deviations from the normal. Develops and initiates a plan of care based on data collected and DSM-V, these evaluations with consultation and follow-up as needed.
Orders and evaluates pertinent screening and diagnostic tests, including laboratory testing, ECG, and neurologic testing.
Collaborates with other health disciplines to ensure continuity of patient care
Provides health teaching to patients and families.
Authority to prescribe and dispense legend drugs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, from8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Some evenings and weekends may be required, as well as some on-call responsibilities. Compressed/Flex schedule may be considered to accommodate extended clinic hours. Practice includes tele-mental health.
Functional Statement Title/#: 000000
* You must be a citizen of the United States.
* You must have meet one of the following: (1) a bachelor's degree from a PA training program which is certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA); or(2) graduation from a PA training program of at least12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA with a bachelor's degree in a health care occupation or a health-related science; or (3) graduation from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by theARC-PA and a period of progressively responsible health care experience such as an independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, medical technologist, or medical technician. The duration of the approved academic training and health care experience must total at least five years.
* You must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA), and maintain suchcertification.
* You must meet the physicial requirements for this position as specified in VA Directive and Handbook 5019.
* You must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 USC 7402(d) and 7407(d).
Note: Must have Basic Life Support (BLS) certificationprior to assuming clinical duties. The BLS requirement is satisfied by successfully completing an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider Course or Military Training Network (MTN).BLS courses are normally offered within 1-5 days of entry on duty. No online certifications will be accepted.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight pulling (1 hour); Pushing (1 hour); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (4 hours); Standing (6 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Both eyes required; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional/mental stability.
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
5.If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
6.If currently employed in the Federal or VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is .
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.