Responsible for the technical and clinical support of Ambry clients at a national level, including biotech and pharma partners, payor groups, national providers of genetic counseling services, and others as identified by our business development department. The Corporate Genetic Specialist will be responsible for the training, education, and development of our client base in the above specified areas. This role is also responsible for key opinion leader (KOL) development, clinical collaboration with key customers, and adoption of testing services in targeted, appropriate markets. Interfaces with all functional areas including: Managed Care, Business Development, Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D, Clinical/Reporting, Laboratory, IT, Client Services, and Regulatory & Quality compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for efficient territory management: coordinating meetings and presentations, regain lost business, prospecting new leads, converting prospects to becoming an Ambry customer, and account maintenance
- Educate and train our client base
- Speaking/lecturing at various meetings (academic institutions, advocacy groups, health plans, onsite and offsite meetings with clients, and webinars)
- Help create content and develop presentations/slide sets
- Key opinion leader development
- Work in conjunction with the Managed Care Department to help facilitate diagnostic guidance policies/protocols with Ambry’s payor partners.
- Partner with corporations providing unique service delivery models to expand the application of Ambry’s testing to larger populations
- Clinical and scientific collaboration
- Collaborate with Product Manager(s), Business Development Team, Managed Care Team, and Director of Genetic Specialists to expand genetic testing menu utilization in target markets.
- In-service accounts on ordering appropriate testing and clinical utility.
- Field inbound customer calls when in home office during normal business hours.
- Submit monthly reports to the Director of Genetic Specialists.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPAA and other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.