| Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career. LifeLabs BC is seeking a temporary full-time Clinical Biochemist to join our Medical Scientific staff. |
It is anticipated that the maternity leave replacement position will terminate with the return of the incumbent in May, 2018.
The practice covers all of BC with most of the work concentrated in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
Time will mostly be spent in our main testing facilities located in Burnaby. Some travel to other sites in BC may also be required.
This position is available April 2017.
Your responsibilities will include:
• The provision of all aspects of a Clinical Biochemist consultative practice to our Burnaby, Surrey, Victoria and Kamloops laboratories. The practice includes, but isn’t limited to, general oversight and direction of high volume routine chemistry, immunopathology, special chemistry, mass spectrometry, urinalysis, and protein electrophoresis from the pre-analytical to analytical to post-analytical stages. LifeLabs has the largest patient services centre (sample collection sites) and lab courier network in British Columbia and also controls Excelleris Technologies, the leading distributor of patient test results in BC.
• The interpretation and reporting of certain tests, which may include, but is not limited to, protein electrophoresis, toxicology, urinalysis and anti-nuclear antibodies.
• Provision of clinical consultations (generally by phone) to community health care providers and patients regarding the interpretation and troubleshooting of Biochemistry tests and optimal diagnosis and management.
• Regular oversight and creation of instrument validations and quality assurance processes.
• Working closely with partners and colleagues such as the BC Clinical Biochemistry group, BC Cancer Agency, BCCDC, other health authorities and the BC Lab Agency for research, Public Health initiatives and lab governance. Participation in academic or administrative committees, where appropriate.
• Provide educational opportunities to other health care providers, as opportunities exist, and within LifeLabs, through Journal Clubs, Lunch and Learns, etc.