Hospital for Special Surgery
Job ID: 2016-8273
Hospital for Special Surgery offers an exciting opportunity for experienced Ambulatory Surgery and Ambulatory PACU nurses, at our new, offsite Ambulatory Surgery Center located at East 65th Street. Currently under construction, it is scheduled to open in May of 2017 as a state-of-the art, orthopedic ASC with four ORs.
Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of Nursing in HSS.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to promote the highest standards of patient safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Assist physicians and nurses in surgery using best practices of sterile technique, assembling, maintaining and tracking surgical instruments and equipment; and inspecting all packaged items to ensure integrity.
- Conduct pre-op, intra-op and post-op surgical counts according to AORN standards and maintaining the integrity of the surgical field during procedures.
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
- High School diploma or equivalent and be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- NBSTSA Certification required
- One year of experience as a ST required
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Active participant in seeking solutions to problems
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #2 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with four consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
HSS physicians are team doctors for the New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Liberty, and New York Red Bulls. HSS is the Official Hospital of The PGA of America, New York Road Runners for the ING New York City Marathon, St. John’s Athletics, CUNY Athletic Conference, and other professional and college teams. HSS has been designated as the first National Medical Center of the United States Olympic Committee’s National Medical Network.
To apply today, please visit: https://jobs-hss.icims.com/jobs/8273/surgical-tech-ii---asc/job
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.