Are you a Clinical Microbiologist who is an expert at Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing? Do you love to travel and want a career in the field and outside of a lab? Then this opportunity may be right for you!
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories.
BD is looking for a Microbiology Application Specialist with great clinical skills that can provide high-level technical and application training to BD Customers and BD Associates, including representatives from BD World-Wide Service organizations.
This position primary focus is on promoting sales of BD instrumented platforms, assisting on-site customer installations, contributing to the development and implementation of training programs, and developing technical communications for BD's customer base and BD US Sales and Service Associates.
The position responsibilities include the following:
Technical / Application Training
- Conducts comprehensive user training on BD instrumented platforms and achieves customer competency, optimal utilization, and self-sufficiency
- Demonstrates proficiency in application of BD instrumented platforms and software by uncovering customer’s needs, implementing customized solutions, and assuring rapid adoption
- Collaborates with Technical Service and Support and Field Service to enhance customer experience
- Provides expertise in all stages of the sales cycle by assisting sales associates in enlightening technical features and functions of BD Instrumented platforms
- Actively engages in regional Sales and Marketing programs in delivering optimal service portfolio to the customers
- Ensures the fulfillment of and adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Actively provides product and platform knowledge and technical input to Research and Development for continual product improvement
- Drives implementation process and full utilization of BD instrumented platforms
- Collaborates with BD Technical and Training Center associates to develop training programs and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for instrumented platforms.
- Ensures the fulfillment, continual improvement, and critical review of field-related job aides, learning aides, certification manuals, presentations, and evaluations including package inserts, software system specifications and other technical documentation.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Conducts product demonstrations while promoting product value to support the sales of BD instrumented platforms at trade shows, BD sponsored workshops, and customer sites
- Supports or participates in BD sponsored Webinars and Teleconferences
- Provides technical input to MarCom and National and World-Wide Marketing Managers
- Assists local, regional, and national sales associates and management during the sales of BD instrumented platforms by providing customized
Technical Input to New Product Development:
- Participates on project teams as appropriate, complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO 9000, Quality Procedures and PACE (Product and Cycle-time Excellence) Development protocols for new product development.
- Contributes to laboratory workflow productivity and other customer needs to maximize efficiency and efficacy of platform training.
- Conducts training for BD associates in BD instrumented platforms as necessary
- Ensures population and understanding of electronic Project databases and Service Intranet with content relative to Application business