Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a General Manager - Sysmex Latin America (SLA). The General Manager for SLA (LATAM) is responsible for leading the Sysmex America team of sales, marketing, application specialist, and service professionals to achieve Sysmex sales and business objectives for the LATAM and Caribbean territories of Latin America, excluding Brazil.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. This individual must select, train, and develop all direct and indirect team members to meet established product and professional sales, profit and other business related goals established by EVP of MarComms and LATAM.
2. Lead the Commercial Managers in Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico to meet regional sales goals and other business targets.
3. Lead the Director of Distributor Relationships to meet distribution goals and other business targets and the Marketing, Applications and Technical Service departments supporting the entire region.
4. Accountable for ensuring successful technical service and applications support is provided to all customers, in the direct LATAM markets (Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Chile) and through distribution channels within LATAM.
5. Must demonstrate leadership, professionalism, maturity and judgment in all interactions with Sysmex and the regional customers and other stakeholders (e.g., vendors, suppliers, distributors)
6. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, strong teamwork and collaboration skills, strong persuasive skills and problem solving skills at a senior mastery level.
7. Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills, ability to develop strategic vision for Sysmex LATAM operations and develop viable tactical plans to be implemented by field sales personnel. This includes strong interaction with departmental partners, responsible for providing shared services to support the LATAM and Caribbean market place.
8. Must be able to interact effectively with all SAI departments and teams providing support to the region (e.g., Finance, HR, Operations, Quality, other Sales and Technical Service resources, etc.)
9. Must have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the LATAM market, distribution channels and competitive environment.
10. Must demonstrate proven strong leadership and personnel management skills, managing across multiple markets and managing remote teams.
11. This individual must demonstrate urgency, leadership and initiative, strong product and competitive product knowledge, strong selling skills and the commitment to achieve sales and product goals.
•English, Spanish required •Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills desired •Very strong written and verbal skills. Strong persuasive and leadership skills essential •Diverse career experiences in marketing, account management, scientific affairs •Demonstrated ability to assimilate and analyze data. Coordinate into action plans, determine strategies and tactics to achieve desired goals. Ability to form coalescence, alignment of goals, and persuasive skills to achieve desired outcomes •Strong management ability •Demonstrated strength in problem solving •Strong financial acumen
•BS Degree, advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA) •Med Tech (preferred, not required) •Minimum of 15 years of marketing and sales management experience in the diagnostics industry •Knowledge of the LATAM Diagnostic Market •In-depth knowledge of the LATAM healthcare markets and successful track record in selling in this market •50% travel
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.