Rocky Vista University COM’s Ivins, Utah, campus has a Vice Chair position open in its OPP department.
See the complete ad and apply at http://rvuhr.catsone.com/careers
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To work closely with the RVUCOM Department Chair of Osteopathic Principles and Practice to oversee all departmental matters at the SU campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership, oversight, and supervision to the faculty and staff of the RVUCOM-SU Campus Department of Osteopathic Principles and Practice.
- Assist the Department Chair of Osteopathic Principles and Practice in preparing and/or performing formal evaluations for all faculty and staff in the department.
- Assist the Department Chair of Osteopathic Principles and Practice in preparing financial and budgetary plans and help oversee expenditures of the department in coordination with the SU Campus Dean.
- Provide mentorship to all faculty in the department.
- Participate in prospective student interviews and the recruiting and admissions process of the University.
- Direct the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional students while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience and research opportunities.
- Be readily available for student advising, tutoring, remediation and academic counseling when needed.
- Provide professional and clinical services in the RVUCOM-SU Clinic or other clinical settings consistent with training and degree as assigned by the SU Campus Dean in conjunction with the Department Chair of Osteopathic Principles and Practice
- Provide leadership, mentorship, supervision, guidance to students, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or student groups as requested by the SU Campus Dean.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the college’s ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the training, assessment and evaluation of clinical students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure all core competencies and entrustable professional activities are met.
- Provide feedback and participate in the assessment or evaluation of faculty and staff as part of the University’s ongoing quality improvement processes.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), providing patient care, community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
Our Southern Utah Campus opens in July 2017.
The 32-acre Southern Utah Campus is located in Ivins – approximately 20 minutes from St. George, the largest city in Southern Utah. The two-story, 104,000 square foot building will complement the natural scenery of the area. It will include two 200-seat lecture halls, three seminar rooms, 36 breakout or study rooms, a clinical skills and OPP lab, a full dissection gross anatomy lab, a multi-purpose lab, a simulation center, standardized patient rooms, and a 8,950 square foot library. The school is expected to seat and has been approved for 125 students each year.
This campus will also include a 23,000 square foot medical office building across the street, which will house administrative offices and a future medical clinic. Additionally, the Southern Utah Veterans Home, adjacent to the campus, will provide students with a continuity of care experience.
Ivins is a city in Washington County with an estimated population of 7,000. Ivins is near the Gunlock, Ivins, and Santa Clara River Reservoirs, it has numerous walking trails, and it has six city parks. See more about Ivins at Ivins.com.