| A New Day at Alameda Health System|
Since 1864 Alameda Health System has served the health care needs of the East Bay. Our organization has been a vital community asset, which embodies a core mission of “Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.” The heart of our mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County. We are an organization that continues to adapt and transform. We do so to promote wellness and provide top-quality health care to our growing and diverse community.
Clinical Laboratory Operations Opportunities
Alameda Health System currently has opportunities for a Clinical Laboratory Manager and Supervisor at our Highland Hospital location.
As the Manager of Clinical Laboratory Operations, you will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory at Highland Hospital. In addition to supervising the laboratory employees, you will lead and coordinate team meetings, ensure timely and accurate laboratory testing, and will be responsible for the overall laboratory safety. You will oversee point of care testing (POCT) performed by about 200 diverse practitioners and will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
As a Supervisor of Clinical Laboratory Operations, you will supervise clinical laboratory operations and contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of lab procedures. You will oversee a team and provide assignments, direction and conduct performance evaluations. You will contribute to the preparation of the laboratory budget and will oversee quality control and test procedures.
Duties and essential job functions for these positions include:
- Collecting and preparing data for the laboratory Performance Measurement Report, an ongoing quality assessment tool of the Laboratory’s overall Quality Management System
- Direct oversight of Pathology support services (e.g., specimen accessioning, clerical) to assure adequate and competent staffing for timely pathology services
- Supervising the Laboratory Assistants and managing specimen receiving, processing, and transportation between Alameda Health System sites as well as supervising and overseeing the morgue attendant schedule, duties, and morgue functions
- Investigating client complaints, revised reports, and reportable quality issues, ensuring accurate and complete responses; implementing immediate, short-term, and long-term corrective actions
- Overseeing and administering all aspects of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee program (1 trainee annually, 9 month practical experience through all specialty areas of the Clinical Laboratory)
- Reviewing all laboratory test performance (clinical laboratory and POCT), driving process and project management, and preparing and submitting required reports to meet established deadlines; evaluates and recommends modifications of test methods or introduces new techniques, equipment, or supplies for testing under the guidance of the Administrative Director of Laboratory and Pathology services