Director, Cytogenetics / Clinical Cytogeneticist
Integrated Genetics in Santa Fe, NM has a great opportunity for a Cytogenetics Director (Clinical Cytogeneticist). This position will be responsible for the management of technical and scientific operation within an assigned clinical Cytogenetics and FISH Laboratory department, including accurate reporting of patient results, reviewing training and competency records, and providing continuing education. Responsible for review of clinical laboratory data to provide an accurate interpretation of test results to the client. Interact with personnel at various levels and departments as required. Participate in testing development and work with the laboratory information system, requisitions, worksheets, data, and reports.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological, chemical, or physical science
- Board-certified or Board-eligible in Clinical Cytogenetics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required
- Must be qualified and have current licenses for all applicable state and regulatory agencies
- Oversee adherence to accepted technical procedures and policies as well as assisting in troubleshooting technical problems as necessary for assigned department
- Review of each assigned patient file for accuracy and interpretation of data
- Review laboratory data, compose report, review and signoff report
- Communicate as needed with referring physicians, clients, sales and marketing representatives
- Design and implement new tests as directed by senior leadership
- Partner with supervisory team to provide effective process management of specimens through laboratory following approved SOPs and management techniques for assigned department
- Facilitate interdepartmental workflow through collaboration with operations, laboratory, sales and Medical Directors.
- Oversight for QC, QA and QI as appropriate.
- Review and sign off of training and competency records for assigned department
Relocation assistance provided
If interested, please send resume to: email@example.com or apply online at: https://jobs.labcorp.com/
LabCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.