A Recruitment or Relocation incentive of $20,000 is authorized
The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) professional staff is seeking full-time Board Certified/Eligible Hospitalist to provide quality service in our progressive, innovative health care system for our Veteran hospital population. The Hospitalist physician will participate as a house staff attending (e.g. daytime attending and nocturnist), and be responsible for the instruction of residents, interns, medical students and other allied health professionals. Preference will be given to candidates who are board eligible/board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). SAVAHCS is the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Therefore, the selected candidate(s) must be eligible for a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona. The candidate must also be American Heart Association BLS/ACLS certified. The candidate should be proficient in all core Internal Medicine invasive procedures; refresher training is available in our excellent simulation laboratory. The candidate is also expected to acquire our facility certification in airway management after completing local on-line, simulation laboratory, and hands-on training. Experience with resident supervision and instruction is preferred, but new Internal Medicine graduates are also welcome. Clinical Contact: Raymond L. Kacich, M.D., Chief, Medicine Care Line, (520) 629-1848, or e-mail at Raymond.Kacich@va.gov.
Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up toan amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education (Full-time staff only)
- Liability protectionFederal Employee
- Retirement-Federal AnnuityPlan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
1. Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
2. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
3. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
4. Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Preferred Experience: Board certified or board eligible inInternal Medicineby the AmericanBoard of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in a hospital?,setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes: (Please note that applicants who fail to submit all required documents will not be considered for this position.)
2. Responses to the questionnaire
3. If claiming Veterans Preference, you must include a copy of your DD-214. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form.
To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1948772.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.