Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*provides clinical practice leadership in implementation of the Patient Aligned Care Team [PACT is VHA's name for the medical home model of care] and applies all PACT principles to attain all PACT performance measure goals to provide timely access and quality to care to Veterans in a patient centered fashion and to attain high patient satisfaction ratings.
*responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, and coordinating all clinical programs and interdisciplinary programs for the VOPC through teamwork. Keeps STVHCS management apprised of all issues.
* provides leadership for VOPC programs in an effective manner, demonstrates a high level of initiative and independence in carrying out the administrative and patient care functions in accordance with the STVHCS, Veterans Health Administration policies and procedures. Initiates and delivers timely reports to ensure superiors are informed about VOPC operations. Provides day-to-day supervision for all clinical staff at VOPC and participates in the performance appraisal process for all supervisory clinical staff.
* serves as a member of the STVHCSPrimary Care Product Line Committee and possibly other committees as well.
* knowledgeable of the interdisciplinary Performance Improvement Program for STVHCS and systematically monitors the quality and appropriateness of care in all programs.
* assures clinical practice guidelines compliance. Provides an environment supportive of education training and research for all health care professionals.
* responsible for enforcement of STVHCS policies, rules and regulations and the Medical Staff Bylaws Rules and Regulations within VOPC.
* coordinates delivery of patient care; maximizes budgetary efficiency to meet performance goals; develops programs an strategic planning; implements clinical guidelines and practice patterns; monitors strategic initiatives; and measures parameters critical to the success of care services.
* responsible for safety and environmental standards for the VOPC.
Work Schedule: primarily Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Functional Statement Title/#: South Texas Veterans Health Care System,Victoria Outpatient Clinic, Physician (Chief Medical Officer)Basic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
1.Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
2.Primary Care experience
3.Experience with the Veterans Affairs
Physical Requirements: Pre-placement physical examination will be completed prior to appointment to determine the physical and mental fitness of candidates. The examination will be concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and will include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies. Applicants must have the mental and physical ability to perform core privileges required by the specialty position in addition to any specialty privileges requested: All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
*Other(CV, VA Form 10-2850 Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors )
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
Click on the link below to download the VHA 10-2850.
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1948987.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.