Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Strategic Sourcing Supervisor. The Strategic Sourcing Supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing strategies targeting measurable and sustainable improvements of efficiencies related to all aspects of Fleet and T&E. Fleet and Travel Expense program administration, analytics, reporting, and day to day operations including controls and fraud prevention, trending, account aging, reporting policy violations, and continuous process and cost-saving improvements. Confidentiality regarding employee information is expected without exception.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recommend and lead implementation of new strategies aimed at improving Fleet and T&E programs and other services as necessary.
2. Provide effective best in class supervision, coaching and development for direct reports; Manage assessment of staff effectiveness and the broader Sysmex personnel as necessary.
3. Supervise, review, process, audit, and perform final approval for travel expense statements to ensure compliance with Company policy for all associates in the America region.
4. Analyze travel program expense trends; investigate trend variances; and propose, implement, and monitor cost saving initiatives. Issue monthly KPI reporting.
5. Assist the Procurement department with selection of Service Providers and scorecard reporting.
6. Analyze and monitor Preferred Service Providers spend in efforts to identify areas of opportunity to maximize rebates.
7. Set-up and train new associates for travel expense processing and assist with expense processing issues. Provide on-going awareness, training, and communication relating to the travel program and policy.
8. Prepare and maintain gift/award reconciliation for payroll to include in W-2's.
9. Assist Marketing department in creating budgets for large-scale meetings. Create and organize department team building events.
10. Other duties and projects as may be assigned. Required Skills:
- Strong English Proficiency (speaking, reading and writing)
- Basic keyboarding, Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Web based applications and SAP preferred.
- General Accounting and Travel Expense process knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years required experience in indirect procurement including travel and fleet experience.
- Bachelor's degree with a specialization in operations or procurement preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years related T&E experience required.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.