LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking a skilled individual for the Donor Testing Manager position in our Donor Testing Laboratory in Stone Mountain, GA. This position is responsible for providing management and oversight of assigned laboratory departments and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all assigned lab operations are implemented, communicated and conducted in compliance with cGMP and established regulations, SOPs, criteria and standards
- Provide input and support for the Donor Testing Laboratory (DTL) Director to ensure department success and blood product safety
- Act as a technical consultant to all DTL personnel. Provide technical support and consultation to assigned staff for resolution of testing or process issues to ensure the integrity of the testing process
- Engage in/with resources to stay current on laboratory trends, process improvements, equipment and testing/manufacturing advances. Research and present advances or changes needed to Executive staff and interested parties. Implement and monitor change/initiatives for success
- Ensure appropriate review and validation of SOP packages is completed and all SOPs and forms are up-to-date. Ensure appropriate communication and training to impacted end-users
- Provide management and direction to teams in support of department initiatives. Review concerns and/or issues that may arise or threaten department goals with the DTL Director
- Monitor repeat reactive rates and confirmatory testing for each testing client
- Ensure adequate inventory of reagents and lab supplies to perform a minimum of one month of testing
- Assist DTL Director in weekly and monthly quality indicator reports
- Manage the DTL department
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory, chemical or biological science
- Clinical laboratory training program or a minimum of five years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience, with at least two years of experience at the technologist level and one year of experience in the applicable specialty area; Advanced degrees in Clinical Laboratory, Chemical or Biological Science may compensate for less experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license. Must also meet and maintain LifeSouth driver’s eligibility requirements.
- Scientific and technical knowledge from current sources, such as the AABB/FACT/CAP Standards and relevant guidances related to FDA, CLIA and CMA, both state and federal
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations and voluntary accrediting standards related to the operation of clinical laboratories and blood banks
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Ability to make decisions consistent with policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines
- Basic computer skills and experience with computer programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree
- MLS (ASCP) certification
This is a full-time position. Starting salary range is $80,000 - $88,000 annually. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor as well as an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as LifeSouth desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. If you have questions regarding the information contained in this job posting call 1-888-795-2707 and ask to speak to the Talent & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.
Internal Number: 11111
About LifeSouth Community Blood Centers
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is one of the largest community blood banks in the southeast and supplies more than 100 hospitals in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. There is always a need for talented and dedicated workers to fill our phlebotomy, facilities, courier and management positions throughout our eight districts in the states we serve.
LifeSouth also offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. Benefits may include paid time off, insurance, a retirement plan, health savings account and other benefits, such as a fitness program and the LifeWise wellness program.